This 2 day class is for Individuals who need to learn how to create, manage and analyze BusinessObjects reports.
Description: By using BusinessObjects 6.0 Reporting, we can put powerful
reporting capabilities at your command. This course will bring the most
powerful aspects into clear focus, so you can effectively use its tools to
present and analyze information, distribute documents and reports throughout
your business, and use the major reporting features of BusinessObjects with
remarkable ease and proficiency. In just two days, you will gain valuable input
that you can apply immediately at work. A must-attend course designed for those
users who are predominately responsible for editing or creating reports for
BusinessObjects end users, and recipients of corporate reports.
Student Profile: Individuals who need to learn how to create, manage and analyze
Duration: 2 Days
Objectives: On completion of the course, participants will be able to use BusinessObjects to create useful BusinessObjects reports and share them
- Getting Started with BusinessObjects 6 – This module describes how to log in to BusinessObjects, find, open and view existing documents and refresh reports contained in the documents.
- Report Building – This module introduces the terminology used in BusinessObjects and describes how to build and run simple queries to retrieve data through a universe.
- Restricting Data – This module describes how to set up query conditions. By using query conditions, you can limit the data returned from the underlying database.
- Manipulating Data – This module describes how to resize columns and rows in tables, change the order in which columns are displayed, add headings and logos. These skills allow you to develop the layout and presentation of your reports to make the information more accessible.
- Using Presentation Styles – This module describes how to present data in a report, using different presentation styles. By using tables, financial tables, crosstabs, and charts you can display data in the best format for analysis.
- Slice and Dice – In this module we apply functions to data projected into a block.
- Running Calculations – This module explains how to include running calculations in your reports. Running calculations enables you to add cumulative calculations, such as running totals to a report, alongside calculations based on rows, such as sums or averages.
- Variables and Alerters – This module describes how to create variables, set alerters and group values in a report. By creating a Variable, you can make calculations based on data that is in a report block. An Alerter can be used to draw attention to data when it meets certain criteria. Grouping data allows related values to be brought together.
- Grouping Data Using Sections – This module describes how to subgroup data projected in a block within a report. It is particularly useful when you wish to subgroup more than one block in the same report so that you can compare data.
- Data Synchronization – This module explains document centricity and document synchronization.
- Creating Templates and Styles – This module explains how to set up report templates that you can use to apply predefined styles and structure to new reports.
- Drilling – This module describes how to use the drill function to analyze your data. When viewing data at a high summary level, you may want to analyze the data at lower levels to identify the trends or reasons behind that data. By drilling through data, you can quickly and precisely move through data hierarchies to view details at lower levels.
- Sharing Data with Colleagues – This module describes how to distribute your BusinessObjects reports to colleagues who may or may not be BusinessObjects users.
To Hire an AMS BusinessObjects Subject Matter Expert and Instructor who also teaches this class, call us today at 800-798-3901!