This 5 day instructor-led training class is presented by Microsoft training partners to their end customers. Training partners in North America and the UK hire proven AMS Subject Matter Expert Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT’s) to teach on-site and on-line classes.
This class teaches students how to implement self-service Business Intelligence (BI) and Big Data analysis solutions using the Microsoft data platform. The course discusses the rationale for self-service BI, and describes how to use Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint Server, and Microsoft Office 365 Power BI to create self-service data models and reports. This class also describes how to use Windows Azure HDInsight to perform Big Data analysis.
The primary audience for this class is database and business intelligence (BI) professionals who are familiar with data warehouses and enterprise BI solutions built with SQL Server technologies. Experienced data analysts who want to learn how to use Microsoft technologies for self-service analysis and reporting will also benefit from attending this class.
• Describe key features and benefits of self-service BI.
• Use SQL Server Reporting Services to implement a self-service reporting solution.
• Use PowerPivot in Microsoft Excel to create analytical data models.
• Use Power Query in Microsoft Excel to import data into a data model.
• Use Power View in Microsoft Excel to create interactive data visualizations.
• Use Power Map in Microsoft Excel to create geographic data visualizations.
• Use Microsoft SharePoint Server to implement collaborative self-service BI solutions.
• Find and use public data in the Windows Azure Marketplace.
• Use Microsoft Office 365 Power BI to implement cloud-based self-service BI solutions.
• Provision and use a Windows Azure HDInsight cluster for Big Data analysis.
• Use Pig and Hive to analyze big data in Windows Azure HDInsight.
• Design and implement Big Data processes to support self-service BI.
• Recommended: 20461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014
• Recommended: 20462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases
• Recommended: 20463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2014
• Recommended: 20465: Designing a Data Solution with Microsoft SQL Server 2014
I. Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service Business Intelligence
1. Extending Enterprise BI
2. Microsoft Self-Service BI and Big Data Technologies
3. Lab : Exploring an Enterprise BI Solution
II. Module 2: Self-Service Reporting
1. Introduction to Self-Service Reporting
2. Shared Data Sources and Datasets
3. Report Parts
4. Lab : Implementing Self-Service Reporting
III. Module 3: Self-Service Data Modeling with PowerPivot
1. Creating Data Models in Excel with PowerPivot
2. Using DAX in a PowerPivot Data Model
3. Lab : Self-Service Data Modeling with PowerPivot
IV. Module 4: Importing Data with Power Query
1. Introduction to Power Query
2. Using Power Query to Import Data
3. Lab : Using Power Query
V. Module 5: Visualizing Data with Power View in Microsoft Excel
1. Introduction to Power View
2. Creating Dynamic Data Visualizations
3. Lab : Visualizing Data with Power View
VI. Module 6: Visualizing Geographic Data with Power Map
1. Introduction to Power Map
2. Using Power Map
3. Lab : Visualizing Geographic Data with Power Map
VII. Module 7: Collaborative BI with Microsoft SharePoint Server
1. Sharing PowerPivot Workbooks
2. Managing PowerPivot Services in SharePoint Server
3. Using Power View in SharePoint Server
4. Lab : Using SharePoint Server for BI Collaboration
VIII. Module 8: The Windows Azure Marketplace Data Market
1. Introduction to the Windows Azure Marketplace
2. Using Windows Azure Marketplace Data in Microsoft Excel
3. Lab : Using the Windows Azure Marketplace
IX. Module 9: Cloud Collaboration with Power BI for Microsoft Office 365
1. Introduction to Power BI
2. Natural Language Queries with Q&A
3. Sharing Queries
4. The Data Management Gateway
5. Lab : Using Power BI
X. Module 10: Introduction to Big Data and Windows Azure HDInsight
1. Introduction to Big Data
2. Windows Azure HDInsight
3. Lab : Using Windows Azure HDInsight
XI. Module 11: Processing Big Data with Pig and Hive
1. Processing Big Data with Pig
2. Processing Big Data with Hive
3. Lab : Processing Big Data with Pig and Hive
XII. Module 12: Implementing Big Data Processing Solutions with Windows Azure HDInsight
1. Automating Big Data Processing Tasks
2. Integrating Windows Azure HDInsight with Enterprise Data
3. Lab : Creating a Big Data Solution
To Hire a proven AMS Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Subject Matter Expert who also teaches this class, Call 800-798-3901 Today!