This 5 day instructor-led training class is presented by Microsoft training partners to their end customers. Training partners in North America and the UK hire proven AMS Subject Matter Expert Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT’s) to teach on-site and on-line classes.
This class focuses on creating managed enterprise BI solutions. It describes how to implement multidimensional and tabular data models, deliver reports with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, create dashboards with Microsoft SharePoint Server Performance Point Services, and discover business insights by using data mining.
This class is intended for database professionals who need to fulfill a Business Intelligence Developer role to create analysis and reporting solutions.
• Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution.
• Create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services.
• Implement dimensions in a cube.
• Implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
• Use MDX Syntax.
• Customize a cube.
• Implement a Tabular Data Model in SQL Server Analysis Services.
• Use DAX to enhance a tabular model.
• Create reports with Reporting Services.
• Enhance reports with charts and parameters.
• Manage report execution and delivery.
• Implement a dashboard in SharePoint Server with PerformancePoint Services.
• Use Data Mining for Predictive Analysis.
• Recommended: 20461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014
• Recommended: 20462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases
• Recommended: 20463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2014
I. Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
1. Elements of an Enterprise BI Solution
2. The Microsoft Enterprise BI Platform
3. Planning an Enterprise BI Project
4. Lab : Exploring a BI Solution
II. Module 2: Creating Multidimensional Databases
1. Introduction to Multidimensional Analysis
2. Creating Data Sources and Data Source Views
3. Creating a Cube
4. Overview of Cube Security
5. Lab : Creating a Multidimensional Database
III. Module 3: Working with Cubes and Dimensions
1. Configuring Dimensions
2. Defining Attribute Hierarchies
3. Sorting and Grouping Hierarchies
4. Lab : Defining Dimensions
IV. Module 4: Working with Measures and Measure Groups
1. Working with Measures
2. Working with Measure Groups
3. Lab : Configuring Measures and Measure Groups
V. Module 5: Introduction to MDX
1. MDX Fundamentals
2. Adding Calculations to a Cube
3. Using MDX to Query a Cube
4. Lab : Using MDX
VI. Module 6: Enhancing a Cube
1. Working with Key Performance Indicators
2. Working with Actions
3. Working with Perspectives
4. Working with Translations
5. Lab : Customizing a Cube
VII. Module 7: Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
1. Introduction to Analysis Services Tabular Data Models
2. Creating a Tabular Data Model
3. Using an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model in the Enterprise
4. Lab : Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
VIII. Module 8: Introduction to DAX
1. DAX Fundamentals
2. Enhancing a Tabular Data Model with DAX
3. Lab : Using DAX to Enhance a Tabular Data Model
IX. Module 9: Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
1. Introduction to Reporting Services
2. Creating a Report with Report Designer
3. Grouping and Aggregating Data in a Report
4. Publishing and Viewing a Report
5. Lab : Creating a Report with Report Designer
X. Module 10: Enhancing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
1. Showing Data Graphically
2. Filtering Reports by Using Parameters
3. Lab : Enhancing a Report
XI. Module 11: Managing Report Execution and Delivery
1. Managing Report Security
2. Managing Report Execution
3. Subscriptions and Data Alerts
4. Troubleshooting Reporting Services
5. Lab : Configuring Report Execution and Delivery
XII. Module 12: Delivering BI with SharePoint Performance Point Services
1. Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
2. Introduction to PerformancePoint Services
3. PerformancePoint Data Sources and Time Intelligence
4. Reports, Scorecards, and Dashboards
5. Lab : Implementing a SharePoint Server BI Solution
XIII. Module 13: Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
1. Overview of Data Mining
2. Creating a Data Mining Solution
3. Validating a Data Mining Model
4. Consuming Data Mining Data
5. Lab : Using Data Mining to Support a Marketing Campaign
To Hire a proven AMS Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Subject Matter Expert who also teaches this class, Call 800-798-3901 Today