Scrum is the leading Agile development methodology for completing complex projects and is used by top organizations around the world. It was originally designed for software development, but has proven its value for any complex project.
Agile Scrum is as radically different from traditional project management, as agile processes are different from traditional methodologies. Rather than plan, instruct and direct – the ScrumMaster facilitates, coaches and leads. Participants learn how to become a ScrumMaster from the experts, and how to make a development team, a project, or an organization, agile. The ScrumMaster is the person who keeps the team focused on its goal, and is the person responsible for proper execution of Scrum within the organization.
This 2-day Agile Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) provides an optimal mix of classroom lectures, interactive case studies, assignments and additional reading materials to get you ready for implementing Scrum in your organization.
This course is aimed at people who work, or would like to work, in Agile Scrum teams. The objective of this two-day course is to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to work effectively in an Agile Scrum team; in roles such as Product Owner, ScrumMaster or Scrum team member. You will learn more than the basic framework in this course. You will also understand the underlying principles and specific techniques needed to help your team achieve project success.
- Those considering working in or with a Scrum team:
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Software Architects
- System Analysts
- Team Leaders
- Scrum Team Members
- CIOs and CTOs
At the end of this course, you will understand:
- The principles of Agile and Scrum
- How to describe and participate
in all parts of the Scrum framework
- How to launch a Scrum team
- How Scrum helps organizations
cope with change
- How to apply a common lexicon
of project management terms and principles
- Pragmatic practices for planning, project execution, and progress reporting
- The ScrumMaster’s role and how it is different from a project manager’s role
1. Introduction To Scrum
- Concepts of Agile
- Scrum Basics and Roles
- Scrum Ceremonies and Artifacts
2. Scrum Methodology
- Estimation Techniques, Planning Poker and Velocity
- Product Backlog and User Stories
- Sprint and Release planning
- Sprint Burn Down Charts
- Release Burn Down Charts
- Release Management
- Tracking Progress in Scrum and Metrics
- Sprint Review and Retrospective
3. Scrum Team Dynamics
- Collaboration, Negotiations and Team Communication, Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Empower teams and adaptive leadership
- Team challenges for Agile adoption
- Managing distributed teams
- Soft issues and cultural diversity
- Transitioning teams to Scrum
- Writing User Stories
- Sprint and Release planning
Participants are required to have a basic understanding of the principals of Scrum. This
information is available on the Scrum Alliance website: http://www.Scrumalliance.org/pages/Scrum_student_resources.
Why select an ITpreneurs Agile Certified ScrumMaster class:
- ITpreneurs provides you with high-quality training materials and a unique learning experience. The Pre-course reading materials will help you understand the basics in a fun and interactive way.
- All instructors are Certified Scrum Trainers (CST), who have a solid understanding of the Scrum framework and have experience working with Agile and Scrum.
- Training materials are up-to-date and in-line with the requirements by the Scrum Alliance.
- ITpreneurs works with a global network of partners to deliver Agile training classes. This means that there is a partner in your area and that we can deliver courses in your language.
About the Evaluation:
At the end of the course participants are prepared to take and pass the Certified ScrumMaster Evaluation, which will be available online following the course. Participants have 90 days after completing the course to register for the evaluation.
The evaluation takes approximately 60 minutes to complete and consists of a combination of multiple-choice and true/false questions. Participants will be required to demonstrate their understanding of key Scrum elements during the evaluation. The cost of the evaluation is included in the cost of the course.
Courses That Might Also Be of Interest:
- Introduction to Agile methodology
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner
To Hire a proven Agile Certified ScrumMaster Subject Matter Expert Consultant and Instructor who teaches this class, call 800-798-3901 today!
© Copyright 2012 by ITpreneurs Nederland B.V. All rights reserved