This 5 day instructor-led training class is presented by Microsoft training partners to their end customers. Training partners in North America and the UK hire proven AMS Subject Matter Expert Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT’s) to teach on-site and on-line classes.
In this class students will learn the skills to better manage and protect data access and information, simplify deployment and management of your identity infrastructure, and provide more secure access to data from virtually anywhere. Learn how to configure some of the key features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy, Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders, Workplace Join, Certificate Services, Rights Management Services and Federation Services, as well as integrating your on preview premise environment with cloud based technologies such as Windows Azure Active Directory.
This class is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) experience and are looking for a single course that will further develop knowledge and skills using Access and Information Protection technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• Understand available solutions for identity management and be able to address scenarios with appropriate solutions.
• Deploy and administer AD DS in Windows Server 2012.
• Secure AD DS deployment.
• Monitor, troubleshoot and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
• Implement AD DS sites, configure and manage replication
• Implement and manage GPOs.
• Manage user settings with GPOs.
• Secure and provision data access using technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders and Workplace Join
• Implement certification authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS and how to manage CAs.
• Implement certificates.
• Implement and manage AD RMS.
• Implement and administer AD FS.
• Implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
• Implement and administer Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS).
• Experience working with AD DS.
• Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure enterprise environment.
• Experience working with and troubleshooting core networking infrastructure technologies such as name resolution, IP Addressing, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
• Experience with Hyper-V and Server Virtualization concepts.
• An awareness and understanding of general security best practices.
I. Module 1: Overview of Access and Information Protection
1. Introduction to Access and Information Protection Solutions in Business
2. Overview of AIP Solutions in Windows Server 2012
3. Overview of Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2
4. Lab : Choosing an Appropriate Access and Information Protection Management Solution
II. Module 2: Advanced Deployment and Administration of AD DS
1. Deploying AD DS
2. Deploying and Cloning Virtual Domain Controllers
3. Deploying Domain Controllers in Windows Azure
4. Administering AD DS
5. Lab : Deploying and Administering AD DS
III. Module 3: Securing Active Directory Domain Services
1. Securing Domain Controllers
2. Implementing Password and Lockout Policies
3. Audit Authentication
4. Lab : Securing Active Directory Domain Services
IV. Module 4: Monitoring, Managing, and Recovering AD DS
1. Monitoring AD DS
2. Managing the AD DS Database
3. AD DS Backup and Recovery Options for AD°DS and Other Identity and Access Solutions
4. Lab : Monitoring AD DS
5. Lab : Recovering Objects in AD DS
V. Module 5: Implementing and Administering AD DS Sites and Replication
1. Overview of AD DS Replication
2. Configuring AD DS Sites
3. Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
4. Lab : Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
VI. Module 6: Implementing Group Policy
1. Introducing Group Policy
2. Implementing and Administering GPOs
3. Group Policy Scope and Group Policy Processing
4. Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
5. Lab : Implementing and Troubleshooting a Group Policy Infrastructure
VII. Module 7: Managing User Settings with Group Policy
1. Implementing Administrative Templates
2. Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts
3. Configuring Group Policy Preferences
4. Lab : Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
VIII. Module 8: Implementing Secure Shared File Access
1. Implementing DAC for Access Control
2. Implementing Access Denied Assistance
3. Implementing and Managing Work Folders
4. Implementing Workplace Join
5. Lab : Implementing Secure File Access
IX. Module 9: Deploying and Managing Active Directory Certificate Services
1. Deploying CAs
2. Administering CAs
3. Troubleshooting, Maintaining, and Monitoring CAs
4. Lab : Deploying and Configuring a Two-Tier CA Hierarchy
X. Module 10: Deploying and Managing Certificates
1. Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
2. Managing Certificates Deployment, Revocation and Recovery
3. Using Certificates in a Business Environment
4. Implementing and Managing Smart Cards
5. Lab : Deploying and Using Certificates
XI. Module 11: Implementing and Administering Active Directory Rights Management Services
1. Overview of AD RMS
2. Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
3. Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
4. Configuring External Access to AD RMS
5. Lab : Implementing AD RMS Infrastructure
XII. Module 12: Implementing and Administering AD FS
1. Overview of AD FS
2. Deploying AD FS
3. Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
4. Deploying AD FS in a Business to Business Federation Scenario
5. Extending AD FS to External Clients
6. Lab : Implementing AD FS
XIII. Module 13: Implementing Windows Azure Active Directory
1. Overview of Windows Azure Active Directory
2. Administering Windows Azure Active Directory
3. Lab : Implementing Azure AD
XIV. Module 14: Implementing and Administering AD LDS
1. Overview of AD LDS
2. Deploying AD LDS
3. Configuring AD LDS Instances and Partitions
4. Configuring AD LDS Replication
5. Lab : Implementing and Administering AD LDS
To Hire an AMS Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory Subject Matter Expert Consultant and Instructor who also teaches this class, call 800-798-3901 today!