This 5 day instructor led class will address critical skills needed by Oracle Database 10g administrators and prepare students for the Oracle Database 10g: Administration I (1Z1-042) exam.
Course Objective: Students will perform key administrative tasks in Oracle Database 10g, such as creating and controlling databases, administering users, implementing security features, monitoring performance, and performing backup and recovery.
Target Student: This course is intended for Oracle Database 10g Administrators, Sales Consultants, Support Engineers, Oracle Software Developers, and Technical Consultants. Students should have some knowledge of Oracle database utilities, architecture, and terminology. Students will also have knowledge of SQL *Plus, iSQL *Plus, and PL/SQL.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following Element K courses or have equivalent knowledge: Introduction to programming Second Edition) SQL: Fundamentals of Querying (Second Edition)Object-Oriented programming: Principles or Java 2: Object-Oriented Analysis and Design Using UML.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- 800 MHz processor or more
- 1 GB RAM or more
- 40 GB hard disk (Drive C)
- DVD-ROM or CD-ROM drive
- 256 color video adapter
- Windows XP Professional
- Oracle 10g Database Enterprise Edition
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- install Oracle Database 10g.
- describe the basics of the Oracle Database 10g architecture.
- create a database.
- configure Oracle Net services.
- use SQL and PL/SQL.
- manage the database instance.
- manage tablespaces and datafiles.
- manage tables and indexes.
- create views and sequences.
- manage users and security.
- monitor database performance.
- use utilities to load data into and unload data from a database.
- manage undo data.
- describe the purpose of redo log files, redo log groups, and control files and perform backups.
- perform restore and recovery operations.
- Lesson 1: Installing Oracle Database 10g
- Topic 1A: Install Oracle Database 10g
- Lesson 2: Exploring the Oracle Database 10g Architecture
- Topic 2A: Understand Database Architecture
- Topic 2B: Identify Database Object Types
- Topic 2C: Recognize the Oracle Instance
- Topic 2D: Understand the User Connection Process
- Topic 2E: Identify Resources for the DBA
- Lesson 3: Creating a Database
- Topic 3A: Create, Configure, and Delete a Database Using the DBCA
- Topic 3B: Use Client and Administration Tools
- Lesson 4: Configuring Oracle Net Services
- Topic 4A: Examine Oracle Net Services
- Topic 4B: Perform Basic Oracle Net Server-Side Configuration
- Topic 4C: Perform Basic Oracle Net Client-Side Configuration
- Topic 4D: Configure Oracle Shared Server
- Topic 4E: Configure Connect-Time Failover
- Lesson 5: Using SQL and PL/SQL
- Topic 5A: Write Simple SQL SELECT Statements
- Topic 5B: Filter and Sort Data
- Topic 5C: Work with SQL Functions
- Topic 5D: Work with Multiple Tables
- Topic 5E: Modify Data
- Topic 5F: Control Database Transactions
- Topic 5G: Explore PL/SQL
- Lesson 6: Managing the Database Instance
- Topic 6A: Obtain Instance Information
- Topic 6B: Manage the Database Instance
- Topic 6C: Organize Database Objects
- Topic 6D: Describe Database Objects and Their Storage
- Lesson 7: Managing Tablespaces and Datafiles
- Topic 7A: Manage Tablespaces
- Topic 7B: Find Tablespace and Datafile Information
- Topic 7C: Resize and Drop Tablespaces
- Topic 7D: Configure Oracle Managed Files
- Lesson 8: Managing Tables and Indexes
- Topic 8A: Create Tables
- Topic 8B: Gather and Analyze Table Information
- Topic 8C: Create Indexes
- Topic 8D: Implement Integrity Constraints
- Topic 8E: Maintain Integrity Constraints
- Lesson 9: Creating Views and Sequences
- Topic 9A: Create Views
- Topic 9B: Create Sequences
- Lesson 10: Managing Users and Security
- Topic 10A: Manage Users
- Topic 10B: Manage Privileges and Roles
- Topic 10C: Manage Passwords and Resource Limits
- Topic 10D: Audit Database Usage
- Lesson 11: Monitoring Performance
- Topic 11A: Manage Locks
- Topic 11B: Gather and Use Tuning and Troubleshooting Information
- Lesson 12: Loading and Unloading Data
- Topic 12A: Manage Data Using the Data Pump
- Topic 12B: Move Tablespaces
- Topic 12C: Load Data Using SQL*Loader
- Topic 12D: Create and Access External Tables
- Lesson 13: Managing Undo Data
- Topic 13A: Configure Undo Segments and Tablespaces
- Topic 13B: Understand Automatic Undo Retention
- Lesson 14: Administering and Performing Backups
- Topic 14A: Create Redo Log Groups and Members
- Topic 14B: Plan and Configure the Online Redo Log Group
- Topic 14C: Manage and Maintain Control Files
- Topic 14D: Back Up the Database
- Topic 14E: Examine Recovery Manager Concepts
- Lesson 15: Administering and Performing Recovery Operations
- Topic 15A: Manage Recovery
- Topic 15B: Employ User-Managed and RMAN Recovery
- Topic 15C: Tune Database Recovery
- Appendix A: Formatting SQL*Plus Output
To Hire a proven Oracle Database Subject Matter Expert Consultant and Instructor who teaches this class, call 800-798-3901 today!