This 5 day instructor-led training class is presented by Microsoft training partners to their end customers. Training partners in North America and the UK hire proven AMS Subject Matter Expert Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT’s) to teach on-site and on-line classes.
This class teaches students how to implement a data warehouse platform to support a BI solution. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2014, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
• This class is intended for database professionals who need to create and support a data warehousing solution.
• Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations.
• Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse.
• Design and implement a data warehouse.
• Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
• Implement Control Flow in an SSIS Package.
• Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages.
• Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data extraction.
• Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data loading.
• Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services.
• Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity.
• Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components.
• Deploy and Configure SSIS packages.
• Describe how BI solutions can consume data from the data warehouse.
• Required: 20461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014
• Required: 20462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases
• At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases
• Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching)
• An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable
I. Module 1: Introduction to Data Warehousing
1. Overview of Data Warehousing
2. Considerations for a Data Warehouse Solution
3. Lab : Exploring a Data Warehousing Solution
II. Module 2: Planning Data Warehouse Infrastructure
1. Considerations for Data Warehouse Infrastructure
2. Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
3. Lab : Planning Data Warehouse Infrastructure
III. Module 3: Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
1. Data Warehouse Design Overview
2. Designing Dimension Tables
3. Designing Fact Tables
4. Physical Design for a Data Warehouse
5. Lab : Implementing a Data Warehouse
IV. Module 4: Creating an ETL Solution with SSIS
1. Introduction to ETL with SSIS
2. Exploring Data Sources
3. Implementing Data Flow
4. Lab : Implementing Data Flow in an SSIS Package
V. Module 5: Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
1. Introduction to Control Flow
2. Creating Dynamic Packages
3. Using Containers
4. Managing Consistency
5. Lab : Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
6. Lab : Using Transactions and Checkpoints
VI. Module 6: Debugging and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages
1. Debugging an SSIS Package
2. Logging SSIS Package Events
3. Handling Errors in an SSIS Package
4. Lab : Debugging and Troubleshooting an SSIS Package
VII. Module 7: Implementing a Data Extraction Solution
1. Planning Data Extraction
2. Extracting Modified Data
3. Lab : Extracting Modified Data
VIII. Module 8: Loading Data into a Data Warehouse
1. Planning Data Loads
2. Using SSIS for Incremental Loads
3. Using Transact-SQL Loading Techniques
4. Lab : Loading a Data Warehouse
IX. Module 9: Enforcing Data Quality
1. Introduction to Data Quality
2. Using Data Quality Services to Cleanse Data
3. Using Data Quality Services to Cleanse Data
4. Lab : Cleansing Data
X. Module 10: Master Data Services
1. Introduction to Master Data Services
2. Implementing a Master Data Services Model
3. Managing Master Data
4. Creating a Master Data Hub
5. Lab : Implementing Master Data Services
XI. Module 11: Extending SQL Server Integration Services
1. Using Scripts in SSIS
2. Using Custom Components in SSIS
3. Lab : Using Custom Scripts
XII. Module 12: Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
1. Overview of SSIS Deployment
2. Deploying SSIS Projects
3. Planning SSIS Package Execution
4. Lab : Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
XIII. Module 13: Consuming Data in a Data Warehouse
1. Introduction to Business Intelligence
2. Enterprise Business Intelligence
3. Self-Service BI and Big Data
4. Lab : Using a Data Warehouse
To Hire a proven AMS Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Subject Matter Expert who also teaches this class, Call 800-798-3901 Today