In this 5 day class, students will learn the necessary information to transition from the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) for risk management applied to information systems (IS) to a new six-step Risk Management Framework (RMF) process developed by the Joint Task Force Transformation Initiative Working Group.
Course Objectives / What You Will Learn
- The transition from DIACAP to DIARMF
- The process of assessment & accreditation.
- Threat, vulnerability and control relationships and how they
correlate to risk.
- The Risk Management Process.
- Selecting baseline NIST and DoDI 8500.2 IA Security Controls
- Contents of a DIACAP Package.
- System Identification Profile (SIP)
- DIACAP Implementation Plan (DIP)
- Understand the underlying Plan of Action and Milestones
(POA&M) and SDLC.
- Modules are supported by Hands-On Labs that follow the DIARMF
BTS DIARMF Course Modules
Module 1 – DIACAP Transition to DIARMF
Module 2 – Risk Management Framework
Module 3 – DIACAP Overview and Review
1. DIACAP Phase 1 – Initiate and Plan
- Register System
- Assign IA controls
- Assemble DIACAP Team
- Develop DIACAP Strategy
- Initiate IA Implementation Plan
2. DIACAP Phase 2 – Implement and Validate
- Execute and Update IA Implementation Plan
- Conduct Validation Activities
- Compile Validation Results- DIACAP Scorecard
3. DIACAP Phase 3 – Make C&A Decisions
- Analyze Residual Risk
- Issue Certification Determination
- Make Accreditation Decision
4. DIACAP Phase 4 – Maintain ATO/Reviews
- Initiate and Update Lifecycle Implementation Plan for IA Controls
- Maintain Situational Awareness
- Maintain IA Posture
5. DIACAP Phase 5- Decommission
- Conduct activities related to the disposition of the DIACAPregistration information and system related data or objects in GIG supporting IA infrastructure and core enterprise services
Module 4 – DIARMF Overview
Module 5 – Categorize System
Module 6 – Select and Implement Controls
Module 7 – Assess Controls & Authorize System
Module 8 – Monitor Controls
To Hire the Class Author / Subject Matter Expert and Instructor who teaches this class, call 800-798-3901 today!