If your organization is working with Agile approaches to project management, the PMI-ACPSM certification may be right for you. The PMI-ACP recognizes knowledge of Agile principles, practices, and the tools and techniques applied across Agile methodologies.
The use of Agile, as an approach to managing projects, has increased dramatically over the last several years. The Gartner Report predicts that by the end of 2012, Agile
development methods will be used on 80% of all software development projects.
This 3 day PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) provides an optimal mix of classroom lectures, interactive case studies, assignments and additional reading materials to successfully prepare you to pass the PMI-ACPSM exam.
This course is aimed at people who work in Agile teams and want to obtain the PMI-ACPSM certification. The objective of this 3-day course is to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to pass the PMI-ACPSM examination – and to successfully apply
Agile practices in their organization.
Candidates will learn more than the basics of Agile during this course. Candidates will also understand the underlying principles and specific techniques needed to help your team achieve project success.
The Agile methodology is more adaptive, people-oriented and focuses on constant input and cyclical change, which opens the door for continuous improvement during the project. This, as opposed to the more process-oriented, sequential, predictive structure of traditional project management as defined by the PMBOK® Guide.
- Professionals pursuing the PMI-ACP certification:
- Project Managers
- Project Planners
- Quality Assurance Staff
- Project Controllers
- Product Owners
- Scrum Team Members
There are no official prerequisites for this course. However, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the basics of Agile through a variety of online articles. If you plan to take the PMI-ACPSMexam upon completion of this course, you should meet the requirements for PMIACPSM certification described in the “About the Examination” section at the end of this document.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the processes of Agile methodologies.
- Understand the Agile project phases, Agile life cycle and stakeholders, key Agile management skills and the social-economic-environmental influences.
- Understand the concepts of product backlog, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives, along with other factors such as prioritizations using different techniques.
- Understand the Professional Responsibilities concerning Agile Project Management.
- Be fully prepared to take and pass the PMI-ACP exam.
- Course introduction
- Introduction to Agile Methodologies
- Agile Project Management Context
- Agile User Stories
- Agile Estimation, Planning, Monitoring and Adapting
- Agile Communications and Soft Skills
- Agile Product Quality
- Agile Risk Management
- Agile Metrics Management and Value Stream Mapping
- PMI-ACP MOCK test (200 questions)
Why Select an ITpreneurs PMI-ACP Exam Preparation Training Course:
- ITpreneurs provides you with high-quality training materials and a unique learning experience. Your course workbook includes everything you need to prepare for, and successfully pass the exam.
- Approved instructors have undergone a stringent quality assessment as part of the approval process and present the PMI-ACP training courses.
- Training materials are up-to-date and in-line with the most recent information by PMI.
- ITpreneurs works with a global network of partners to deliver PMI-ACPSM training courses. This means that there is a partner in your area and that we can deliver the courses in your language.
- This course offers you the best possible preparation for passing the PMI-ACPSM exam.
About the Examination:
- Candidates need to meet PMI’s requirements for PMI-ACP certification (as listed below).
- Candidates can only purchase the exam at PMI as part of their registration process, as training companies/partners cannot sell the exam vouchers directly to the candidates.
- The PMI-ACP examination consists of 120 multiple-choice questions. Of the 120 questions, 20 are considered pre-test questions. These pre-test questions do not affect the score. They are simply used in examinations as an effective and legitimate way to test the validity of future examination questions. All pre-test questions are unmarked and randomly placed throughout the examination.
- The time allotted to complete the examination is four hours and is computer based. Pass/Fail results are provided at the conclusion of the examination.
- There are no scheduled breaks during the examination. Candidates are allowed to take break(s) if needed. However, the clock continues to count down during the break.
- For more information, please review the PMI-ACPSM Handbook.
PMI’s Requirements for PMI-ACP Certification
General Project Management Experience
2,000 hours working on project teams. These hours must be earned within the last 5 years. Candidates who hold a PMP® credential have met or exceeded these requirements as per PMI.
Agile Project Management Experience
1,500 hours working on Agile Project Teams. These hours are in addition to the 2,000 hours required in general project management experience. These hours must be earned within the last 2 years.
Agile Project Management Training
21 contact hours. The hours must be earned in Agile Project Management Education.
Courses That Might Also Be of Interest:
- Certified crumMaster
- Introduction to Agile methodology
- Implementing Agile Scrum
To Hire a proven PMI Agile Certified Practitioner Subject Matter Expert Consultant and Instructor who teaches this class, call 800-798-3901 today!
© Copyright 2012 by ITpreneurs Nederland B.V. All rights reserved