This 3 day instructor-led training class is presented by Microsoft training partners to their end customers. Channel Partners nationwide hire proven AMS Subject Matter Expert Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT’s) to teach on-site or on-line classes.
This class combines five days worth of instructor-led training content from the Network Infrastructure Technology Specialist, Active Directory Technology Specialist, and IT Professional Server Administrator courses of Windows Server 2008 to provide students with the knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 environment. This Windows Server class covers the core skills required by anyone working with Windows Server 2008 Servers.
- Learn to describe the different administrative tools and tasks in Windows Server 2008.
- Learn to configure AD DS user and computer accounts.
- Learn to create Groups and Organizational Units.
- Learn to manage access to shared resources in an AD DS environment.
- Learn to configure Active Directory Objects and Trusts.
- Learn to create and configure Group Policy Objects.
- Learn to configure user and computer environments by using Group Policy.
- Learn to implement security by using Group Policy.
- Learn to configure and analyze server security and security update compliance.
- Learn to configure and manage storage technologies included with Windows Server 2008.
- Learn to configure and manage Distributed File System.
- Learn to configure Network Access Protection.
- Learn to configure availability of network resources.
- Learn to monitor and Maintain servers running Windows Server 2008.
- Learn to manage a Windows Server 2008 Backup and Restore.
- Introduction to Managing Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Environment
- Server Roles
- Overview of Active Directory
- Using Windows Server 2008 Administrative Tools
- Using Remote Desktop for Administration
- Lab: Administering Windows Server 2008
- Creating Active Directory Domain Services User and Computer Objects
- Managing User Accounts
- Creating Computer Accounts
- Automating AD DS Object Management
- Using Queries to Locate Objects in AD DS
- Lab: Creating AD DS User and Computer Accounts
- Creating Groups and Organizational Units
- Introduction to AD DS Groups
- Managing Group Accounts
- Creating Organizational Units
- Lab: Creating an OU Infrastructure
- Managing Access to Resources in Active Directory Domain Services
- Managing Access Overview
- Managing NTFS File and Folder Permissions
- Assigning Permissions to Shared Resources
- Determining Effective Permission
- Lab: Managing Access to Resources
- Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts
- Delegating Administrative Access to AD DS Objects
- Configuring AD DS Trusts
- Lab: Configuring Active Directory Delegation
- Lab: Configuring Active Directory Trusts
- Creating and Configuring Group Policy
- Overview of Group Policy
- Configuring the Scope of Group Policy Objects
- Evaluating the Application of Group Policy Objects
- Managing Group Policy Objects
- Delegating Administrative Control of Group Policy
- Lab: Creating and Configuring GPOs
- Lab: Verifying and Managing GPOs
- Configuring User and Computer Environments Using Group Policy
- Configuring Group Policy Settings
- Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection Using
To Hire an AMS Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Subject Matter Expert
Consultant and Instructor who also teaches this class, call 800-798-3901 today!