Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS) is a five-day instructor-led training class that is presented by Cisco training partners to their end customers. Channel Partners nationwide hire proven AMS Subject Matter Expert Cisco Certified Systems Instructors (CCSI’s) to teach on-site or on-line classes.
This class is part of the curriculum leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification and it is designed to prepare security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience to prepare them to configure Cisco perimeter edge security solutions utilizing Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewalls. The goal of the class is to provide students with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and managed security on Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Routers with the firewall feature set, and Cisco Switches. The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring various perimeter security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing network zones. At the end of the course, students will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA, and Router security appliance feature and provide detailed operations support for these products.
Upon completing this class, you will be able to;
• Understand and implement Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec.
• Deploy Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls.
• Configure Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 data plane security controls.
• Implement and maintain Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT).
• Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translations (NAT).
• Designin and deploy Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity based inspection.
• Implement Botnet Traffic Filters.
• Deploying Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW).
• Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy.
The knowledge and skills that a student must have before attending this class are as follows:
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) certification
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) Security certification
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system.
Module 1: Cisco Secure Design Principles
Lesson 1: Network Security Zoning
Lesson 2: Cisco Module Network Architecture
Lesson 3: Cisco SecureX Architecture
Lesson 4: Cisco TrustSec Solutions
Module 2: Implement Network Infrastructure Protection
Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco Network Infrastructure Architecture
Lesson 2: Deploying Cisco IOS Control Plane Security Controls
Lesson 3: Deploying Cisco IOS Management Plane Security Controls
Lesson 4: Deploying Cisco ASA Management Plane Security Controls
Lesson 5: Deploying Cisco Traffic Telemetry Methods
Lesson 6: Deploying Cisco IOS Layer 2 Data Plane Security Controls
Lesson 7: Deploying Cisco IOS Layer 3 Data Plane Security Controls
Module 3: Deploying NAT on Cisco IOS and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
Lesson 1: Introducing Network Address Translation
Lesson 2: Deploying Cisco ASA Network Address Translation
Lesson 3: Deploying Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translation
Module 4: Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco ASA
Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco Threat Controls
Lesson 2: Deploying Cisco ASA Basic Access Controls
Lesson 3: Deploying Cisco ASA Application Inspection Policies
Lesson 4: Deploying Cisco ASA Botnet Traffic Filtering
Lesson 5: Deploying Cisco ASA Identity Based Firewall
Module 5: Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco IOS Software
Lesson 1: Deploying Cisco IOS Software with Basic Zone-Based Firewall Policies
Lesson 2: Deploying Cisco IOS Software Zone-Based Firewall with Application Inspection Policies
To Hire a proven AMS Cisco Security Subject Matter Expert and Cisco Certified Systems Instructor who teaches this class, Call 800-798-3901 Today!