This 5 day instructor-led training class is presented by Microsoft training partners to their end customers. Training partners in North America and the UK hire proven AMS Subject Matter Expert Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT’s) to teach on-site and on-line classes.
This class offers students the opportunity to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure.This course focuses on developing in Azure using Storage, Cloud Services, Service Bus, Active Directory, WebSites and SQL among other features.This course also focuses on using the provided .NET SDKs, REST APIs, configuration and deployment options related to Azure.
The developers targeted by this training are web application developers who have 6-12 months of web development experience using ASP.NET and C#. Developers interested in deploying their ASP.NET applications to Azure, integrating the applications with the Azure services and using best practices to build a highly scalable application. This class is intended for students who have the following experience: 6-12 months experience developing ASP.NET Web applications using C#
• Learn to describe Azure and the capabilities that it provides to application developers.Students will also be able to use the Management Portal to effectively navigate the Azure platform and their deployed applications.
• Learn to use the Management Portal to create, modify, scale and dispose of Azure services.The students will also use alternative (PowerShell, REST) methods for managing Azure services.
• Learn to create and host a simple website using Azure Websites.Students will learn how to monitor and manage the website using the Management Portal.
• Learn to build a modular web application and host it using Azure Cloud Service Web Roles.
• Learn to use Cloud Service Worker Roles to process data in the background.Students will also be able to use Cloud Service Cache Roles to store data in the cache.
• Learn to use Azure SQL to store and retrieve data.
• Learn to store data in Azure Table Storage.
• Learn to store and access multimedia files in Azure using Blob Storage.
• Learn to use Azure Queue Storage to queue data for asynchronous processing.Students will also learn how to use Azure Service Bus Queues for queuing data.
• Learn to use the Azure Service Bus Relay to connect on-premise services with client applications.
• Learn to use Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs to publish messages to client applications.
• Learn to use Azure Active Directory to implement security in a Cloud web application.
• Learn to deploy web applications to Azure by using WebDeploy and Service Packages.
• Learn to use Azure Mobile Services to provide a scalable and secure web service for mobile applications.
Experience in the following areas is required:
• 6-12 months experience developing ASP.NET Web applications using C#.
• ASP.NET web application development
• C# application development
• Resources used with enterprise web application development
• Relational databases (SQL)
• WCF services
1. Azure Overview
2. Working with the Azure platform
3. Cloud Application Scenarios
4. Lab : Exploring Azure
5. Using the Azure Management Portal
6. Managing a Azure Subscription
2. Creating and Managing Services in Azure
1. What is a Azure Service?
2. Software as a Service
3. Platform as a Service
4. Infrastructure as a Service
5. Lab : Managing Cloud Services in Azure
6. Creating a Azure Service Using the Management Portal
7. Creating A Azure Service Using Visual Studio 2013
8. Managing Azure Services
3. Managing Infrastructure in Azure
1. Infrastructure in Azure
2. Azure Virtual Machines
3. Lab : Creating an Azure Virtual Machine for Development and Testing
4. Create a Logical Network using Azure
5. Create a Development Virtual Machine using Azure
6. Configure the Virtual Machine for Development
4. Creating Web Sites using Azure
1. Azure Websites
2. Hosting Web Applications in Azure
3. Configuring an Azure Website
4. Publishing an Azure Website
5. Monitoring an Azure Website
6. Lab : Creating an ASP.NET Web site using Azure Websites
7. Create an Azure Website
8. Deploy an ASP.NET Web Application to an Azure Website
9. Configure an Azure Website
5. Creating Modular Web Applications Using Azure
1. What is a Cloud Service?
2. Cloud Service Web Roles
3. Configuring a Web Role
4. Monitoring a Web Role
5. Lab : Creating Azure Web Roles using Visual Studio 2013
6. Create an Azure Cloud Service project
7. Create an Azure Cloud Service Web Role from an existing project
8. Configuring the properties of an Azure Cloud Service project
9. Debugging an Azure Cloud Service project
6. Processing Background Logic Using Azure
1. Cloud Service Worker Roles
2. Creating a Worker Role
3. Configuring a Worker Role
4. Caching Data Using Roles
5. Lab : Creating a Background Process Using Azure
6. Create a C# Class Library
7. Add the Class Library to a Cloud Service Project
8. Debug Worker Roles in a Cloud Service Project
7. Storing SQL Data in Azure
1. What is Azure SQL?
2. Managing Servers And Databases in Azure SQL
3. Using Azure SQL with Data Tools
4. Migrating Data to Azure SQL
5. Using Azure SQL With Entity Framework
6. Lab : Storing Event Data in Azure SQL
7. Create an Azure SQL instance
8. Using Entity Framework with Azure SQL
8. Storing non-relational data in Azure
1. What is Azure Storage?
2. Azure Table Storage
3. Using the Azure SDK to Manipulate Data in Table Storage
4. Monitoring Table Storage
5. Using Table Storage in the Storage Emulator
6. Lab : Storing Event Registration Data in Azure Table Storage
7. Implement Azure Table Storage
8. Populating the Table with Data
9. Querying the Data
10. Inspecting the Table
9. Storing Files and Media in Azure
1. Azure Blob Storage
2. Applying Permissions to Blob Storage
3. Using the Azure SDK to manipulate data in Blob Storage
4. Monitoring BLOB Storage
5. Using Blob Storage in the Storage Emulator
6. Lab : Storing Event Multimedia in Azure Blob Storage
7. Implement Azure Blob Storage
8. Populating the Container with Files and Media
9. Retrieving Files and Media from the Container
10. Specifying Permissions for the Container
10. Storing Data in Queues Using Azure
1. Overview of Queues in Azure
2. Azure Queue Storage
3. Using the Azure SDK to manipulate data in Queue Storage
4. Monitoring Queue Storage
5. What is Azure Service Bus?
6. Azure Service Bus Queues
7. Using the Azure SDK to Manipulate Data in Service Bus Queues
8. Lab : Using Queues to Manage Request Between Cloud Service Roles in Azure
9. Creating a Azure Service Bus Namespace
10. Create an Azure Queue Storage instance
11. Retrieving Messages from Azure Queue Storage
12. Create a Service Bus Queue
13. Retrieving Messages from a Service Bus Queue
11. Relaying Web Services Using Azure
1. Service Bus Relay
2. Implementing Service Bus Relay
3. Lab : Connecting to a Cloud Web Application to an on-premise WCF Service
4. Creating a Azure Service Bus Namespace
5. Validate the WCF Service
6. Connecting a WCF Service to a Service Bus Namespace
12. Asynchronously Notifying Applications Using Azure
1. Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs
2. Registering Devices with a Notification Hub
3. Pushing Messages to a Notification Hub
4. Lab : Notifying a Windows Phone 8 Application Using Azure
5. Creating a Azure Service Bus Notification Hub
6. Registering a Client Application to a Service Bus Notification Hub
7. Pushing a Message to a Service Bus Notification Hub
13. Implementing Security in Web Applications using Azure
1. Azure Active Directory
2. Azure AD Directory
3. Azure AD Access Control Service
4. Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication Provider
5. Lab : Implementing Security in the Events Administration Portal
6. Create an Azure AD Directory
7. Manage the Azure AD Directory
8. Integrate Azure AD with ASP.NET Identity
14. Deploying Web Applications to Azure
1. Deployment Strategies for Azure Web Applications
2. Deploying Web Applications Using Cloud Service Packages
3. Deploying Web APPLICATIONS USING WEBDEPLOY
4. Monitoring Cloud Applications
5. Lab : Deploying the Events Web Application to Azure
6. Manage Configuration Settings for a Cloud Service Project
7. Deploy the Web Applications to Azure
8. Monitor the Web Applications in Azure
15. Developing Mobile Services using Azure
1. Azure Mobile Services
2. Communicating with Mobile Services
3. Customizing Mobile Services
4. Securing Mobile Services
5. Lab : Developing a Web Service for Mobile Clients Using Azure Mobile Services
6. Create a Azure Mobile Services Instance
7. (optional) Create a Mobile Service Custom API
8. Consume the Mobile Service using the Windows Phone 8 Application
To Hire an AMS Microsoft Azure Subject Matter Expert Consultant and Instructor who teaches this class, call 800-798-3901 today!