This 3 day instructor-led training class is presented by Microsoft training partners to their end customers. Channel Partners nationwide hire proven AMS Subject Matter Expert Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT’s) to teach on-site or on-line classes.
This course is designed for experienced IT Professionals who need to determine how to best leverage the cloud. This class can be custom tailored upon request to include greater depth of how other Microsoft products integrate / function with Office 365.
Upon completion of this class, students will:
- Understand Key components of Microsoft Office 365.
- Know the deployment models.
- Understand key elements of automation using PowerShell.
- Know how to use Directory Sync.
- Differentiate key functionality for Microsoft Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Lync Online.
Students attending this class should have prior knowledge and proficiency with the following Microsoft technologies:
- Active Directory Domain Services and Federation Services (ADFS) 2.0; DNS; PowerShell
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2007/20032000 ; SharePoint Server 2010/2007
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Or Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- Microsoft Office 2010/2007; Microsoft Internet Explorer (and other browsers); Windows Update/Microsoft Update; Windows Phone and mobility
- Knowledge of network topology; Active Directory sites, trusts, and topology; Wide area connectivity: on-premise networks/equipment / Internet bandwidth and latency; Firewall technologies
- Additional areas of knowledge; SSL Certificates; Email encryption; Archival systems, Lotus Notes Domino, Novell GroupWise, POP/IMAP/SMTP based systems, Project Management
Module 1: Office 365 Overview
- Why Office 365?
- Security in Office 365
- Multi-layered Defense
- Security and Compliance Features
Module 2: Deploying Clients for Microsoft Office 365
- Client Requirements (Software and Hardware)
- What Office Professional Plus is and isn’t
- Office Professional Plus Components and Interactions
- Office Professional Plus Deployment Options
- Office Professional Plus Installation Overview
- Office Professional Plus Deployment Considerations
Module 3: Microsoft Office 365 Administration and Automation Using Windows PowerShell
- Update on Office 365 PowerShell plans
- Overview of Features
Module 4: Microsoft Office 365 Identity and Access Solutions
- Cover the different Identity Options
- Explain the Identity Architecture and Features
- Describe how federated authentication works
- Describe the various deployment scenarios
Module 5: Microsoft Office 365 Directory Synchronization
- What is Directory Sync?
- Using Directory Sync
Module 6: Using Directory Sync
- What is Exchange Online?
- Exchange Online delivers: Anywhere Access, Protection and Compliance, Visibility and Control
- Deployment Flexibility
- Unsupported feature sets
Module 7: Microsoft Exchange Online Administration
- The Tools
- RBAC in the Cloud
- Mailbox Provisioning Options
- License assignment and enforcement
- Cross Premises Administration
- Partner Administration
- Geopolitical Restrictions
Module 8: Microsoft Staged Exchange Online Migration
- Migration Overview
- Cutover Exchange migration
- Staged Exchange migration
- What’s Coming?
Module 9: Hybrid Deployment w/ Exchange Server
- Review Hybrid Features
- Planning Requirements
- Exchange Sharing
- Secure Transport
- Deployment Stages
Module 10: Exchange Online Archiving and Compliance
- Overview of compliance in Exchange Online
- Explain and demonstrate key compliance features in Exchange Online: Personal Archive, Discovery, Retention and Hold Policies, Information Rights Management, Transport Rules
Module 11: Lync Online Overview and Configuration
- Lync Online Overview
- Initial set up and network configuration
- Setting up Lync federation
- Lync Meetings and dial-in audio conferencing
- Roadmap update
Module 12: SharePoint Online Overview
- SharePoint Online Features
- Where to start
- Live in a Hybrid World
Module 13: SharePoint Online Administration
- Delegated administration
- SharePoint Online Administration overview
- Site Collection ownership
- Planning and Assessing a Move to the Cloud
Module 14: SharePoint Online Extensibility and Customization
- Overview of Microsoft SharePoint Online development
- The power user and/or designer: In-browser customizations; SharePoint Designer 2010–no-code solutions
- The developer: Sandboxed solutions; Microsoft Silverlight
Module 15: Office 365 Deployment Overview
- Pre-Deployment Considerations
- Planning ->Preparing ->Migrating: Common Deployment Blockers; Organizational Planning; Network Planning; User Identity and Provisioning Planning; Exchange Online; Lync Online; SharePoint Online; Client Deployment; Mobile Devices
To Hire an AMS Microsoft Office 365 Subject Matter Expert Consultant and Instructor who also teaches this class, call 800-798-3901 today!