In this 5 day instructor led class for students who are interested in administering, using, or developing programs for the Linux operating system. Students are introduced to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 operating system and learn to administer Linux in a network administration environment. Hands-on labs and numerous practical examples will guide learners in the management of users, groups, software, hardware, file systems, and the X Windows System using various commands as well as the graphical YaST utility. Review Questions and Discovery Exercises at the end of each chapter help users prepare for three Linux certificatin exams: Novell Certified Linux Administrator, Linux Professional Institute LPIC-1, and CompTIA Linux+ (Powered by LPI).
2. Install SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.
3. Administer SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 with YaST.
4. Administer SLES 11 with the Command Line Interface.
5. Manage Processes, Jobs, and Runlevels.
6. Configure the Network.
7. Configure Applications and Services.
8. Understand Security-Related Tools.