This 4-day class encourages the student to explore database fundamentals, as well as MySQL® features. MySQL is the open source community’s most popular Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) offering, and is a key part of LAMP – Linux™, Apache™, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python®.
Many Fortune 500 companies adopt MySQL to reap the benefits of an open source,
platform-independent RDMS, such as simplifying conversion from other platforms and lowering database Total Cost of Ownership by 90%.
This class encourages the student to explore database fundamentals, as well as MySQL® features.
Students learn the basics of MySQL use and the programming of stored routines and triggers. Students also participate in database design discussions, perform administrative functions, learn about optimization and performance tuning, and explore various APIs. This course covers MySQL 5.0.
• Introduction to Database Concepts and MySQL
• Installation, Configuration, and Upgrading
• Database Design
• Using the mysql Command-Line Tool
• DDL – Data Definition Language
• DML – Data Manipulation Language
• Queries – The SELECT Statement
• Building a Result Set from Several Sources
• Advanced SQL Techniques
• MySQL Storage Engines
• Administering a Database and Users
• Database Programmability
• Optimization and Performance Tuning
• MySQL Programming Interfaces
Students will be functional with MySQL use and the programming of stored routines and triggers.
To Hire an AMS MySQL Subject Matter Expert and Instructor who also teaches this class, call us today at 800-798-3901!