In this 3 day hands-on instructor led class, students will learn to use the InfoMaker to develop forms. This course uses materials customized to the requested version of InfoMaker (9 – 12.5).
Using InfoMaker: Reports and Using InfoMaker Forms may be taught as
a consolidated 5-day class.
This course is designed for information professionals, strategic planners, business
analysts, managers or support staff who want to produce simple and complex
- Experience using Microsoft Windows.
- Basic understanding of relational databases.
- Basic knowledge of SQL programming is
preferable, but not required.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Configure the InfoMaker environment.
- Use the InfoMaker Form painters to create Freeform,
Grid, and Master/Detail forms.
- Customize forms to meet unique application
- Create an executable report application for
distribution to others who may not be running InfoMaker.
A series of lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education.
- Role of InfoMaker
- Types of Forms
- Platforms and Databases Supported by InfoMaker
- InfoMaker Concepts and Terminology
The InfoMaker Environment
- Painter Structure
- Customizing Toolbars
- Managing Painter Views and Panes
Creating Basic Forms
- Data Sources
- Quick Select Data Source
- SQL Select Data Source
Creating a Form from Multiple Tables
- SQL Grouping
- Nested Queries
Creating Advanced Forms
- Master/Detail One-to-Many
- Master/Detail Many-to-One
- Running Forms
- Using Criteria to Filter a Form
- Importing Data into a Form
- Exporting Data from a Form
- Printing a Form
- Controlling Updates
- Components of a Form
- Moving, Resizing and Deleting Controls
- Adding Controls
- Computed Controls
- Display Formats
- Edit Styles
- Validation Rules
Dynamic Report Behavior
- Adding Prompt for Criteria to a Form
- Conditional Property Expressions
- Creating Query Objects
- Using Query Objects
- Managing Objects
- Creating an Executable
Additional Topics (as time permits)
- Using Data Pipelines
- Maintaining Profiles and Databases
To Hire a proven InfoMaker Subject Matter Expert Consultant and Instructor that teaches this class, call 800-798-3901 today!