This 3 day CompTIA Mobile App Security, iOS Edition training class will prepare you for the CompTIA Mobile App Security, iOS Edition certification examination and prepares students to learn why it is critical to build security into your iOS apps, how to improve your programming processes to promote security, and how to provide countermeasures for the numerous threats to which an iOS app and its users are exposed.
• Explain why an organization should devote time and resources to app security, including specific rationale for iOS app development.
• Identify where and how the iOS system architecture is vulnerable to security threats.
• Apply strategies to promote the security of mobile apps, including specific strategies for iOS.
• Enable an iOS app to communicate securely with hardware and software on the device.
• Enable an iOS app to secure data through encryption.
• Enable an iOS app to store data securely.
• Enable an iOS app to communicate securely over networks and with web services.
• Use the UIWebView component securely.
• Protect credentials in storage and in transit.
• Harden an iOS app against attack to levels appropriate for the risk model.
• Experience developing native apps in iOS using Xcode and the Objective-C programming language.
• A general understanding of information technology security is also helpful, but not required. Logical Operations offers various courses on information technology security, including CompTIA® Security+.
I. Lesson 1: The Rationale for IOS App Security
1. Identify the Need for Security
2. Identify Security Requirements and Expectations
3. Include Security in Your Development Processes
4. Identify Your Approach to Risk Management
II. Lesson 2: The iOS Security Architecture
1. Strengths and Weaknesses of the iOS Security Architecture
2. iOS App Construction
3. iOS Vulnerabilities
III. Lesson 3: Employing Secure Mobile App Development Strategies
1. Follow App Security Best Practices
2. Protect Against Threats
3. Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
4. Design for Security
5. Conduct Security Testing and Analysis
6. Write Secure Objective-C Code
IV. Lesson 4: Accessing Local Processes and Devices Securely
1. Select Countermeasures for Local Threats
2. Implement Secure Access of Local Processes and Hardware
V. Lesson 5: Securing Data Through Encryption
1. Select Countermeasures for Threats to Cleartext Data
2. Implement Encryption
VI. Lesson 6: Accessing Local Storage Securely
1. Identify Countermeasures for Local Storage Threats
2. Implement Secure Access of Local Storage
VII. Lesson 7: Communicating with Networks and Web Services Securely
1. Identify Networking Threats
2. Identify Countermeasures for Networking Threats
3. Implement Secure Network Communication
VIII. Lesson 8: Using the UIWebView Component Securely
1. Identify Countermeasures for UIWebView Component Threats
2. Implement UIWebView Security
IX. Lesson 9: Protecting Credentials in Storage and Transit
1. Identify Countermeasures for Threats to Credentials
2. Implement Secure User Authentication
3. Implement Keychain
X. Lesson 10: Hardening Apps Against Attack
1. Identify Countermeasures for Reverse Engineering Threats
2. Harden an App
To Hire an AMS CompTIA iOS Mobile App Security Subject Matter Expert Consultant and Instructor who also teaches this class, call 800-798-3901 today!